Friday, August 13, 2010

Random news update

:) Things have been pretty crazy these past 7 months. I am no longer going to the ASL school, although I finished the application process and sent in a dvd with the six required videos of myself signing and was accepted! The woman who called to tell me, first mentioned that my understanding of the linguistics is just below their level of acceptance. I was sure she was about to tell me that I couldn't do the program, but instead she said that she was impressed my level was so high because I've never taken a linguistics class! :) So a huge thank you to Ms. Anderson!
I was going to start a Horticulture program this summer as well but decided to wait on that. I'm going to talk to a counselor to see if their year long baking certificate is still open. if the program is open, I'll be able to learn about how to bake different types of artisan breads, pastries, tortes, and then there's three different classes on cakes! birthday cakes, special occasion cakes, and wedding cakes. :) I really hope it's still open this would be so much fun! it's not just baking either, they teach you how to estimate the cost of a cake, leadership skills for business and industry, and other types of things that are all about having a career in baking not just knowing how to bake. I'm thinking that after I get my certificate I could use this to start a dessert catering business out of our home. but we'll see about that next year after I've finished the program.

Also Chris is no longer working for IBM, he is now a CNA at Sacred Heart hospital and he loves it! :) he said it's more stressful than sitting at a computer all day, but he feels that it is much more rewarding as well. :) he comes home with good stories and he's much happier with this job than he was working for IBM. This fall he is going to work on getting some prerequisites out of the way in order to start the nursing program! and then go on to get his BSN :) Go Chris!!!

Also we are living with Jeremiah and Dori in Spokane right now! we've had a lot of fun with them here. :) just in case there's somebody still reading this blog i'll work on getting pictures up of some of the stuff we've done.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, I know we've talked in person but it was great reading an update. I just blogged on our family site that if I don't see any comments in the near future, I will stop blogging. I don't know how many people still blog now that Facebook and other social networks are so active. Thanks for the update. Love you guys, dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading :D now that I have a blog lol. update! you have good news to share, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete