Today we drove into Denver and got to the Duncan's house at 8am. What a crazy night. When we got to the Duncan's, everybody was at work or school, so I booted up the computer at jumped into the work week and Alisa jumped on her laptop and began looking at her ASL test for the DO IT Center (4 year ASL interpreting program). The jobs looked scarce for most ofthe day and I was giving up hope for today, when my manager messaged me about a tech writer job. I had a an interview and it's a 95% chance that I'll be starting on the project Monday morning in MN! There were three ideal places to have been located - MN, CO, or remote; so Alisa and I are quite happy with the turn of events. I haven't done a lot of technical writing, but I'm excited to grow this skill. As least the guy interviewing me didn't ask what I wanted to be when I grew up (the last interviewer asked me that - you can imagine how thrilled I was :) ). The confirmation will hopefully be tomorrow.
Alisa realized that this will be a sizeable quest to complete the comprehension test, but she that's its passable. I am excited that she is jumping into ASL.
After work, TJ, Jacob, and I went for a jog; and Alisa and Darci had some sister bonding time playing the Wii. After that we mostly just chilled. I played the guitar in a duet with Jacob playing the tuba, and Alisa and Mom Duncan duked it out on Dr. Mario (Alisa introduced her tonight to the addiction :) ).
New word of the day - 'ignominious'. Means publicly disgraced.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment