Got up at 7am, went for a 4 mile run and then dead lifted a car. Riiiiiiiiight. Try 11:30am, went for a stroll around the lake with my favorite girl and then went to my CNA clinical. :) Still great fun, but less heavy lifting. As Alisa and I rounded the lake, we saw a Bald Eagle in a tree top. very pretty, but for as long as we could see it, it never moved! Interesting factoid - Bald Eagles can only carry 4 lbs of weight, and once they catch a fishy in their talons, they can't let go until they've landed on a hard surface. Apparently it's suicide for the birdie if it goes for a big fishy. Moral of the story: Fishies should eat. a lot. and then some more.
Clinicals were yet again an amazing experience. I can't use specifics, but it's humbling to work with people that have lived full lives and you have the opportunity to care for them. Our instructor keeps urging us to connect with them so we understand the person behind the resident. I've meet some very interesting people that prove in one evening of clinicals what I've been searching for ever since I graduated college - how to help people in a very real and direct way. Now all I need to do is decide Rn or EMT route and plug away until I get there. This is fantastic stuff.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment